Meet Our Inclusive Package Vendors
We know wedding planning can be overwhelming, so let us help take the stress away with our in-house inclusive packages by narrowing your to do list and offering you a short, but highly effective team of vendors to make your dream day a reality.
We methodically hand selected each Inclusive Package vendor based on years of working with each other within the wedding industry. This is a team of reputable vendors that will treat your wedding like their own, while taking a load off you and leaving your guests in utter awe. To get to know these vendors better, we asked each of them the 10 questions listed below. Take a look and then read their answers to each.
- What do you love most about working in the wedding industry?
- Did you start working in the wedding industry before or after you got married? Did your own wedding have any part in you getting into the industry?
- What motivates you to work hard?
- What is your favorite part of a wedding day?
- What do you like most about The Union and What do you like most about working at The Union?
- What was the last show you binge-watched?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Where’s the next place on your travel bucket list and why?
- What’s one thing that can instantly make your day better?
- If you came back in your next life as an animal, what animal would you be?
Get to Know Our Caterers:
Lisa with Lily Grace Catering
- The Happiness; couples in love, guests celebrating & good food.
- No, I started & came back to the wedding industry after both of my weddings.
- Knowing we are a part of someone’s very special day & that they trust us to help to make it all they wanted to be.
- The reception, after the food is served, watching everyone having a good time.
- The Union is such a unique and versatile venue. It can be set up in so many different ways – you don’t have to always have the buffet or the bar in the same place every time.
- The Ranch
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Hmmmm… maybe Belize – I love a tropical setting.
- My husband’s quirky smile – it gets me every time, since the first time I sam him in high school.
- A bear… a mama bear – I’ve had a few people refer to me as that.
Kassie with Catering with a Twist
- What I love most is bringing an element of the couples personality to the catering aspect. Catering is usually pretty standard, we fully embrace the design aspect and personality.
- We started before we got married, however CWAT was created during my wedding planning out of my desire to bring an artsy and creative approach to the market.
- Seeing it all come together and how our team coordinates with the other vendors to make it all happen. It’s such a well-choreographed event!
- Cliché answer, but I AM in the food industry – BUT seeing the guests enjoying food, drinks and mingling with big smiles. I also LOVE the Grand Entrance!!
- OMG the character of The Union is just phenomenal. So many avenues for décor – keep it simple or go extravagant, it looks stunning either way. The overall team feeling is what I love the most at The Union, it’s so important to know that everyone you are working with is an A+ vendor. I also love the flexibility of the space!
- Hanna on Netflix
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- The Narrows in Zion National Park, it looks like it’s from another planet. I am always in awe of the beauty of nature!
- Music – anytime I need a pick me up, I just put it on my “happy station” and I am good to go. Currently my “happy station” is Half Alive or Twenty One Pilots on Pandora.
- Immediately I say DOG, as I LOVE my dogs and give them a pretty darn good life. =)
Jason with PEJ Events
- Watching the story take place. I think it’s cool to start with the initial conversations after a couple gets engaged and watching the story play out and come to fruition.
- I have been working in the wedding industry since I was a kid. I grew up with my parents being florists so I was setting up weddings long before I was legally allowed to even work.
- I find satisfaction in looking back at the end of a day, week, month or year and being able to see tangible results. Seeing those results and seeing our team be successful motivates me to continue doing what I do.
- The first dances. I think those are the most personal moments and there’s this small, uninterrupted moment where they can just be together.
- The historical industrial look. I would make my house look like this, including the large side doors. I love how organizedthe venue management team is as well as how easily accessible the venue is from the kitchen standpoint.
- Netflix, the Aaron Hernandez story
- Cookies & Cream
- Chicago, I want to tour Soldier Field (I’m a big Bears fan) and I want to visit The Green Mill (old Alcapone hangout)
- Hearing my children laugh
- A lion, it’s the King of the Jungle! Plus I think they’re pretty majestic looking!
Get to Know Our Planners:
Donna with Ame Soeur Events
- Too many things to list, but here are a few of my top reasons I love it: Challenging -every wedding is different and holds it’s own challenges and opportunities to be creative! Keeps you thinking on your feet but really is very entertaining and fun at the same time. Camaraderie-as a whole the wedding industry is a friendly industry. I find lots of community within the coordinators I know and value the vendor relationships I have made along the way.
- Hahaha, yes but MANY years after I got married! Actually, my career in the wedding industry started after my daughter got married. The venue she got married at was impressed with my coordinating skills and asked if I would consider working with them, but as my own company. It’s been 15 years now and I have loved every minute of it.
- So many things-not sure I can list them all! The main motivation is the final outcome of the event. I want it to be as close to perfect as possible and true to my clients desires-and with as few stress points as possible. I live for smiles!
- I don’t really have one favorite part! I will say that the part I look forward to is when the groom sees his bride walk down the aisle. There are so many emotions in one face at that time-all the jitters and nervousness melt away and then joy appears. That makes me happy!
- I love the chic urban feel of The Union and the blank slate it presents making each event unique in it’s own right. Feature wise-those turquoise doors and the garage style door are my favorite features, oh and the rolling bar is amazing! The Union is such an easy venue to work. I love the flow , it has great sight lines and I rarely have to hunt down my bride and groom because I can see them from a couple of very good vantage points! It’s already BEAUTIFUL, so you don’t have to haul in a ton of decor to make it your own. Not to mention the staff-phenomenal, always willing to answer any questions and so flexible! The Union allows me to do my job without a lot of “oversight” which makes it easier for me to make my bride and groom happy!
- Grey’s Anatomy and Ozark-at the same time because they kind of balanced each other out!
- Black Cherry Chocolate Chip if I HAVE to choose. 🙂 There are very few flavors I don’t like!
- Alaska! I love nature, animals and have a healthy respect for ice that is bigger than an ice cube! Would love to see it while there are still some polar ice caps to see.
- Coffee!!!!! But seriously.
- I would hope to be a horse because one: they have great hair (manes)and two: because they are beautiful when they run-I just look like Phoebe from Friends when I try to run now days! LOL
Shamika with An Event to Remember
- Having the honor to be apart of someone’s special day. And bringing my clients vision to life.
- Funny you ask! I started An Event to Remember AFTER I planned my own wedding. I enjoyed it so much!
- My children and pleasing my clients. Crushing an awesome event always motivates me to go harder!
- When we see the complete setup and the toast.
- The character!! It has so much charm and is so unique. What we love about working at The Union is the organization with Morghan and Katy. They really make it easy for us to do our job!
- Defending Jacob
- Mexican Vanilla
- Santorini, Greece :). From the photos and recommendations from friends I’m dying to go. My plan is to celebrate my 40th birthday there with Family & Friends.
- Flowers and a beautiful view
- A fish. I’ve always been mesmerized by the ocean and how mysterious it is. So yes a fish.
Maggie with Eleven Roses Events
- I love seeing venues and varying spaces transform for each event. Every client has their own unique vision and I absolutely love watching that come to life on their big day.
- Our wedding is scheduled for next March, so definitely joined the industry before getting married. Helping with my sister’s DIY Mercury Hall wedding back in 2015 really inspired me to be involved in the industry.
- I take pride in accomplishing and seeing tasks through to the end, making the fast-paced and high-stress environment of weddings the perfect opportunity for me to shine.
- My absolute favorite part of a wedding day is right after the ceremony, when the couple has their first moment together to be giddy about officially being married.
- My favorite thing about The Union, and working at The Union is how I’ve always felt like a friend first and a vendor second. Katy and Morghan are so great to work with.
- I know we are behind, but we are currently binge watching Stranger Things. SO GOOD!
- Banff, Canada tops the list for the mountains and gorgeous water.
- One thing that is guaranteed to make my day better is a dance party with my goofy kiddos, Macey and Aussie.
- Definitely an Elephant.
Jordyn & Alexis with Simply XO Events
- The relationships and clients we get to foster! We love the clients and vendors who have turned into friends and created such a great community for us!
- Nope! We both started after we got married and our own wedding actually didn’t trigger us to get into the industry. Jordyn had a history of corporate event planning, while Alexis got started planning weddings for family members and friends.
- Creating an amazing client experience and having a happy couple at the end of the wedding day. That is worth all of the hard work at the end of the day!
- For sure the parent dances. Cue the tears!!! Oh and sending the bride down the aisle is one of the most special parts of our job.
- Is it weird to say the bathroom? Haha. We really love the industrial cozy vibe that The Union has. We also love the garage door that creates an indoor-outdoor experience for guests. Plus, the staff there is just INCREDIBLE!
- Together, we recently watched Little Fires Everywhere. But currently, Alexis is working through Grey’s Anatomy (again) and Jordyn is working through Gossip Girl (again).
- Alexis is a big chocolate peanut butter fan and Jordyn is a kid at heart and loves cotton candy ice cream.
- For Jordyn, it is absolutely Iceland. Blue Lagoon has been on my bucket list for years!! For Alexis, it is a tie between Ireland or Greece.
- COFFEE! We both thrive on coffee & it is an instant game-changer!
- For sure, we both agree that we would want to come back as a sweet pup! We are such big dog people!!
Get to Know Our Florists:
Haley with Haley Wynn Designs
- Oh gosh, it’s hard to choose – working with brides, being involved in their beautiful day, bringing their vision to life, designing with gorgeous flowers – I love it all!
- Before. I had a tiny restaurant wedding in Santa Fe and have the best memories of working on the flowers with my sisters in the hotel room.
- I absolutely love love love what I do. That motivates me every day!
- Watching the bride’s face light up when she sees her bouquet for the first time.
- It’s such a gorgeous space and I just love the people.
- Oh my word, Schitt’s Creek.
- That butterfinger one from Blue Bell. SO GOOD!
- Oh, that’s hard. When my husband and I first got married, we attempted 12 Trips in 12 Months (I think we made it to nine or ten!) in lieu of a honeymoon, so that crossed off a huge chunk of our bucket list, ha! Right now I’m itching to do a road trip through the Utah National Parks.
- An episode of Sex and the City, a bowl of queso, or a long swim.
- Definitely my dogs. I joke with my husband all the time that I’m coming back in my next life as either of my two poodles – I want their life!
Laura with Mountain Laurel Floral
- Austin wedding industry is an inclusive group of professionals. I enjoy the fact that Austin brides are open and forward thinking in regards to styling.
- I began my career in floral design after I was married but I did help to plan my own wedding which was international!
- New styles, techniques and executing a long awaited plan are motivating for me to design at a high level.
- When all installations are complete and you know the vision was exceeded
- I love the character of the building. Working at The Union, it feels very intimate almost like being in a family home. That is a precious feeling for a wedding day.
- The Politician
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Marrakech- the colors and intriguing culture.
- Talking to a friend who lives far away
Rebecca with Wild Poppy
- I would have to say the people I get to work with and the friends I have made along the way.
- I started working in the wedding industry after I was married. I had no clue about all of the options out there for weddings when I was married!
- My amazing family motivates me! They have supported me physically, mentally, and emotionally so much throughout my years in the industry. My clients motive me! The smile on a brides face when you hand her her bouquet, that feeling when the ceremony starts and you know all of your hard work and all of the details that you worked so hard on came out perfect, and the feeling that you were able to help make your clients wedding day amazing for them.
- When the ceremony starts!
- The Union is such an amazing space for any event, but especially weddings! It doesn’t need any “transforming” to be a beautiful space., everything we get to add to the space just enhances its beauty. There are so many details that make it unique and special! The staff is amazing and so much fun to work with and they truly care about their couples and want their day to be perfect.
- The Ozarks
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- Hawaii- The beach is my happy place and I would love to see all of the flowers growing in the wild!
- A hot cup of coffee!
- A hummingbird!
Heather with ZuZu’s Petals
- It’s never the same day- each event is so different that it keeps things fun! Also the chance to create something that really makes a statement – there are so many cool textures and ideas to work with you can really express yourself with this part of your wedding.
- I started working in the industry after I got married, but it was planning my own wedding that got the spark started. I really enjoyed the whole planning process and as a problem solver, I also found plenty of areas I would have done things better- and now I have that chance. I always laugh because if something could have gone wrong on my wedding day, I think it did, but I still had an amazing time and a million wonderful memories – which I think helps remove some of those stresses from my clients, no need to stress over shades of pink LOL!
- I just want to make our couples and their families feel special on the day of an event, so that’s pretty motivating. Also the chance to do something fun or different in a design really makes a designer work hard!
- I always love hearing the bride and her girls get excited when they see the bouquets for the first time! Also when it’s almost dark and there is a beautiful Texas sunset paired with a room full of candle light.
- As a venue I love how many cool spots the Union has, I always think about the photos, because that’s what you get to keep at the end of the day- and there are so many great photo opportunities. I like working with all the Union people, it’s great when you can just go into an event and know that everything is going to run smoothly.
- Ozark and The Office is always on.
- Mint Chocolate Chip
- I have been wanting to go back to Arizona, I love the red rocks out there! And I would love to go to Italy someday.
- Seeing my girls laughing together.
- I would say a Giraffe, they are my favorite but then also maybe a cat, because they can just hang out in the sun napping all day!
Get to Know Our DJ’s:
Kevin with Complete Weddings + Events
- Being a resource for planning one of the most special day’s in peoples lives! And genuinely connecting with people, hearing their stories and assisting in delivering JOY for generations to come.
- I was already married when I became involved in the wedding industry. But … our oldest child, daughter Megan was married a few years into our wedding industry journey. Such a great opportunity to experience what couples/families/mom’s and dad’s experience these days. It was a great education and oh boy did we have a great time. Can you say Dos XX!!!! 🙂
- Serving People!! While it’s not for the faint at heart, I love when our organization and I mean everyone utilizes their passions and gifts in making sure events exceed peoples expectations.
- Don’t laugh … its when the father and daughter walk down the aisle. So much emotion going on during those few steps. Yep … hard on the outside … soft on the inside – that’s me.
- Love the location right off the square in Georgetown, TX. I may have a thing for Georgetown. Our team loves working at the Union as its easy to access and everything just flows well. And … we love working with Morghan!!!
- Jack Ryan on Amazon
- Cake Batter Ice cream // Thelma’s Snickerdoodle Ice cream Sandwich. They will change your life. Thelma’s available at HEB. No I am not a sponsor but I should be 🙂
- Maui Hawaii … re-visit the location of our honeymoon 30 years ago & I hope to compete in the Xterra Off Road World Championship Triathlon in the next few years … Yes … on Maui! Your not hard core unless you live hard core!
- Seeing my granddaughter Piper Kay! Even if its via FaceTime. That smile and when she says Papa Val! Melts my heart!
- Don’t laugh … a beaver! These guys can swim and they can build dams. Just saying 🙂
Trey with The Music Coordinator
- I love how all the vendors are committed to an excellent couple experience. It’s key to making the whole wedding come together.
- I officially started working in the wedding industry after I got married. Honestly, I didn’t know I wanted to be a Wedding and Special Event DJ. Once I did a couple of events, I was hooked! It’s fun getting to know the couples and understanding what it takes to make their day special.
- It’s just a drive that I have within myself. I do so much pre-work before my events. After they’re complete, I look back at things that went well and also taking away things to improve on for the next time. Nothing ever turns out perfectly, but it’s the constant pursuit of perfection that drives me.
- The first dances – it’s the perfect bridge between the more formal aspects of the ceremony and the “open dancing” party that’s yet to come. Also, I love seeing the emotions of all the friends and family as they watch the dances.
- Right now, I have my first official event at The Union in October. I definitely like the venue’s setup and I’ve enjoyed everything that I’ve read about and seen online and through social media. All of my conversations with the staff have been super friendly and informative. I can’t wait for my first wedding at the Union this fall!
- All American – I haven’t seen all the episodes, but it definitely sucks you in.
- Strawberry all day!
- Right now with COVID, anywhere! But once things open back up, New York would be fun to see.
- Seeing the smiles on my kids’ faces (Sam, Avery, and Gabby)!
- I guess, a golden retriever…
Get to Know Our Bartenders:
Greg & Verinda with We Tend Bar
- Seeing the bride before she comes out to walk down the aisle. The nervous anticipation is simply awesome!! It sums up the culmination of everything up to that point in the couples journey. And we get to see it with every wedding. How awesome is that?!?!?
- Nope. we started our company just before we got married.
- Seeing the end result!!
- Speeches. Some of the best, most touching and funny moments are during this time.
- The Union is by far one of our most favorite venues with its intimate setting, eclectic persona and awesome owners and crew. It’s hard to compare it to any other space around. Its unique individuality is what gives it its charm!!!
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Depends on who you ask. Greg, the frozen kind!!! Verinda, anything with cookie dough!!
- Not sure. Switzerland has been on our minds for a couple of years now.
- Our pack of Pitties!!!
- A Pittie of coarse!!!